About the Journal
Online ISSN: 2721-2092
Kajian Branding Indonesia (KBI) is an academic journal published by the Study Program of S1 Branding, School of Business and Economics, Universitas Prasetiya Mulya. KBI focuses on the dissemination of studies in the areas of creation, development, sustainability of brands, and areas where consumers process various perceptions related to products or services brands. KBI particularly focuses on studies of the Indonesian consumers, but open to consumers from various regions and industries in Southeast Asia. KBI opens for studies conducted by academics and practitioners, from various methodological approaches i.e. qualitative, quantitative or mixed-method. KBI applies a double-blind peer review system in evaluating articles submitted for publication.
Focus and Scope
- Naming and packaging
- Branding and technology
- Brand research methods
- Brand metrics and analytics
- Qualitative and quantitative brand research
- Brand architecture and portfolios
- Brand extension and growth
- Brand alliances and mergers
- Corporate brand management
- Brand co-creation
- Integrated brand communication
- Brand valuation
- Brand equity
- Brand heritage and history
- Brand reputation
- Identity and image
- Brand credibility and trust
- Brand ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Brand crises
- Brand and law
- Brand counterfeits.
Peer Review Process
The publication of articles by KBI is dependent primarily on their validity and coherence, as judged by peer reviewers, who are also asked whether the writing is comprehensible and how interesting they consider the article to be. All submitted manuscripts are read by the editorial staff and only those articles that seem most likely to meet our editorial criteria are sent for formal review. All forms of published correction may also be peer-reviewed at the discretion of the editors. Reviewer selection is critical to the publication process, and we base our choice on many factors, including expertise, reputation, and specific recommendations. The editors then make a decision based on the reviewers' advice, from among several possibilities:
- Accepted, with or without editorial revisions
- Invite the authors to revise their manuscript to address specific concerns before a final decision
- Rejected, but indicate to the authors that further work might justify a resubmission
- Rejected outright, typically on grounds of specialist interest, lack of novelty, insufficient conceptual advance or major technical and/or interpretational problems
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge, meaning:
- Everyone has free and unlimited access to the full-text of articles published in KBI; manuscripts are freely available without subscription or price barriers
- Papers are immediately released in open access format (no long waiting periods)
Kajian Branding Indonesia using the following ethics for articles submission:
Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the paper. Participants of certain substantive aspects of the research, they should be acknowledged or listed as contributors.
Policy in screening of plagiarism
The Journal team will judge any case of plagiarism. If plagiarism is detected before the article is published, we will alert the author(s), asking them to either rewrite the text or quote the exact text and cite the original source.
Galley proof will be scanned for detecting the plagiarism level. The tolerance for the plagiarism level for each article is < 5%. The revision will be required if the level is > 5%. We use Plagiarism Detector Program subscribed by the Graduate Program, Universitas Prasetiya Mulya.
If plagiarism is detected after publication, the Journal team will conduct an investigation on its own merits. If plagiarism is found, the journal editorial office will contact the authors. Depending on the extent of the plagiarism, the paper may also be formally retracted.
The authors should not submit the same manuscripts to more than one journal or primary publication.
Acknowledgment of source
Proper acknowledgment of others should always be written.
Disclosure and conflicts of interest
The authors must include disclosure of all relationships to prevent a potential conflict of interest.
Fundamental errors in published works
When the authors discover a significant error in their own published work, they have to notify and cooperated with the journal editor or publisher to retract or correct the paper.
The authors should present an accurate account of the work performed with an objective discussion.
- Journal Sponsorship
- Journal History
- Site Map
- About this Publishing System