Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Copyright and Permissions
An objective of the TLJ is to promote the wide dissemination of the results of systematic scholarly inquiries into the broad field of business law. Permission is hereby granted to reproduce any of the contents of the journal for use in courses of instruction, as long as the source and “TLJ copyright” are indicated in any such reproductions.
Written application must be made to the Editor in Chief for permission to reproduce any of the contents of the journal for use in other than course of instruction—e.g., inclusion in books of readings or in any other publications intended for general distribution. In consideration for the grant of permission by the journal in such instances, the applicant must notify the author(s) in writing of the intended use to be made of each reproduction. Normally, the journal will not access a charge for the waiver of copyright.
Except where otherwise noted in articles, the copyright of articles in the journal has been transferred to the TLJ. Where the author(s) has (have) not transferred the copyright to the TLJ, the applicant must seek a permission to reproduce (for all purpose) directly from the author(s).